Floss the Teeth you want to Keep!
February 27, 2017 by
Dr. B. in
Flossing keeps the teeth and gums healthy! Flossing disrupts bacteria, biofilm and plaque from causing tooth decay and gum disease.
How to floss:
- Wrap about an arms length of floss around both middle fingers.
- Use your pointer fingers to guide floss between the teeth.
- Zig-zag the floss into place (instead of popping).
- Wrap the floss into a “c”-shape to hug one side of the tooth and then reverse the “c”-shape to hug the other tooth’s side.
- Make sure to rub the floss up and down on the tooth so that the floss goes slightly below the gums.
- Back out the floss in that same zig-zag pattern from in-between teeth and move on to the next two teeth.
- Watch this video for a tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcNf2bZFrRU
When to floss:
Floss one time a day before brushing. Try to floss at the same time everyday so you are less likely to forget.
Who should floss:
Everyone because your smile deserves it!